We tried this recipe last night and it was incredibly delicious. And easy too!! It’s important to use chicken thighs with the skin on. My husband wanted to steal the crispy spicy sweet skin off my plate, but there was no way I was going to let him. I also can’t recommend enough to you to try out the Plan to Eat website and sign up for a free trial. It’s the best recipe capture and storage site ever! I’ve got over 500 recipes in my recipe book there!
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 lime Juice of
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or more, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the sauce, whisk together chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, fish sauce, ginger, lime juice and Sriracha in a small bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Stir in chili sauce mixture.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized and slightly charred.
- Serve immediately, garnished with peanuts and cilantro, if desired.